Saturday, January 10, 2009

Not Your Ordinary Question

What do you value most in your life? Have anyone ever ask you this question? Well, I never thought that I would be ask until yesterday.
You see, my World Issues lecturer, Ms.Nancy post us this question as one of our first exercise to deal with. It really did make all of us in the class, think a thought or two of what we value the most. I couldn't find a way just to mention one of the many things that I value the most in my life. Let's be honest about it, it is a lie if you deny that the you do not value your parents, family and friends. It is a case of living in denial if you don't mention about not thanking God for giving the birth of life to you and also to whichever genius that created all the gadgets we own now.
We had a lot of different answers from everyone. From people to materials to relationships and even non-visible things are the answers that we had.
I really cracked my head yesterday on my way home after class, thinking really really hard what exactly do I value the most. Finally, I realise-it is the every second of life that we had.
You see, without the existence of time, I would not be given the chance to even appreciate or value other things in my life.
Without the opportunity to spend time with my family and friends, will I ever get to live and learn thus value them?
Without a space of given time, would I be able to value the idea of life through everything that I see and hear?
Without having the opportunity to breathe every second given, would I even get to learn what life is all about?
So yeah, I do value every second given throughout my life. From the second I open my eyes to face the day till I close my eyes and start snoring into my dreamland.
However, I am a hypocrite myself. Here I am telling you that I value every second of my life but it may be a different priority as day passes by, or even the fact that sometimes I may waste the time given by just snoozing away in my bed until the sun rises and falls (I am a teenager after all). Despite all this, I believe that I am forgiven in some ways because hey, after all, I am just human. No one is perfect.
Back to you, ask yourself, what do you value the most?

No comments:

Post a Comment